By having a positive set of beliefs that you allow to become your foundation, you may start to enjoy the positive impact that your behaviour will have on others. These beliefs will also have a deep affect on your state of mind and your personal well being. Author of the publication Positive Thinking Your Key to Success; Remez Sasson writes that positive thinking brings inner peace, success, improved relationships, improved health, peace and fulfillment. It also helps the daily affairs of life go more smoothly, and creates energy that looks brighter and more promising.
Positive thinking is infectious. People around you select your mental frame of mind and are affected as a result. Imagine happiness, excellent health and achievement and you will cause people to like you and want to assist you, because they like the feelings that a positive mind releases.
So to have positive thoughts create your outcomes, you want to develop a positive attitude toward life, anticipate a successful conclusion of anything you do, also consider any needed actions to guarantee your success.
Effective positive thinking can create outcomes needs to be more than saying some positive expressions, or telling yourself that everything is going to be okay. It has to be your foremost mental attitude. It is not enough to think positively for a few moments, and then allowing uncertainties and disbelief and negative thoughts to cross your mind. Are you willing to modify the way you think? Are you willing to build a mental picture that can positively affect you, your surroundings and the people around you?
Positive thinking is a mental attitude that allows us to image thoughts, words and images that are conducive to growth, expansion and accomplishment. It is a mental attitude that anticipates optimistic results. A positive mind expects happiness, bliss, well being and a winning outcome of every circumstance and deed. Whatever the mind expects, it finds.
Not every person agrees with or believes in positive thinking. Some feel the subject as just gibberish, and others make fun of anyone who believe and practice it. Those people who have a less easy time with the concept may not have the capacity to know how to get the best results from thinking positively.
We often hear people say: “Just think positive!” to someone who feeling concerned or worried. Most people do not take these words seriously, because they are sure of their intent or meaning. Some do not deem them as practical or useful. How often have you stopped to think what the power of positive thinking actually means to you?
While being sceptical can be a healthy way to avoid getting taken advantage of, being cynical and distrustful assuming the worst, can have serious negative consequences on your life. By looking only at the less tangible aspects of any state may cause you to fail to detect opportunities, disregard problems that need to be resolved, and fail to take action that would otherwise enhance your relationships and quality of life.
Optimists search for the light at the end the tunnel. If you have always had a cynical and gloomy worldview, it can be less easy to change your focus, but it is possible to begin seeing the glass as half full, not half empty. Feelings of appreciation for what you have will make the process flow easier because you are giving thanks for the things that you have. This will allow you to put yourself in a position to accept new ideas and thoughts in your life. By being thankful in what we have the positive feeling will create a center of attention more positive for you.
The secret to positive thinking is the feelings connected with being appreciative. It is not the language you use but the feelings behind the thoughts. You could be thankful for almost ‘anything’. Focus on something that brings you contentment and permit yourself a good emotion of absolute gratitude. The next time you are eating a delectable meal, take pleasure in it and flow in that positive feeling of thankfulness.
When you think you cannot think positively, these tips may get the power of positive thinking for you:
- At all times use only positive words while thinking and speaking. Use words such as, ‘I can do it’, ‘I am able’, ‘it is doable, ‘I know it can be done’, etc.
- Allow into your consciousness only feelings of joy, strength and success.
- Try not to notice and learn to ignore negative thoughts. Stop thinking these thoughts, and replace them with productive cheerful thoughts.
- Always try to visualize clearly in your mind successful outcomes to your projects and goals. If you imagine with concentration and conviction, you will be amazed at the outcomes.
- Read at least one page of inspirational book every day.
- Spend less time listening to the news and reading the newspapers instead watch movies that make you laugh.
- Hang around people who think positively.
- Walk and sit tall, with a straight back. This will build up your self-confidence and inner strength.
- Walk, swim or engage in some other physical activity. This helps to develop a more positive attitude.
- Think positive thoughts. Think of what you want as opposed to what you do not want. The same energy goes into both. The results are very different. If we think more of what we want we get that. If on the other hand you think about what you do not want you get that too.